Newspapers carrying Another Way column
The following newspapers are currently or occasionally using Another Way according to our records. Columns are published in newspapers one week prior to their appearing on this blog.
The Goshen News, Goshen, Ind.
LaGrange Publishing, LaGrange, Ind.
The Daily American, Somerset, Pa.
The Reporter, Lansdale, Pa.
The Punxsutawney Spirit, Punxsutawney, Pa.
Visit also my Facebook page for Another Way Newspaper Column.
E-mail subscription to Another Way
E-mail subscriptions to the Another Way online version come out a week after they are used in newspapers and are available by signing up under the Subscribe button on the home page of Finding Harmony Blog.
Want Another Way to appear in your local paper?
Newspapers, churches, groups, or individuals interested in placing or sponsoring the column in a local paper can email email@example.com. Rates are based upon size of circulation (as low as $4 a week) and newspapers or sponsors are billed quarterly.
Brief history of Another Way Newspaper Column
Another Way newspaper column has been syndicated since 1987.
- 1987-1997: Another Way column grew out of a column called Your Time. The Your Time column began in August of 1981, a spin-off of the Your Time radio program with Margaret Foth. Paul Yoder, then director of Choice Books and a former editor of a community paper in Ohio, first suggested launching a newspaper column out of the radio programs. As a ghost writer for Your Time, I was given the task of rewriting and formatting the daily five minute radio show into a weekly newspaper column from Margaret. When the Your Time radio program came to an end in 1987, Margaret asked me whether I wanted to continue the newspaper column, I jumped at the chance. We renamed it “Another Way.”
- 1997-2006: Nationally syndicated to newspapers by Globe Syndicate.
- 1998: When Third Way Cafe website was launched in 1998, the column was one of the first features on the site, published a week after newspaper use.
- 2006-2011: Mennonite Media (later named Third Way Media, just one of a half dozen names for the public media agency of the Mennonite churches), syndicated the column as part of its media outreach ministries. Some were (and still are) sponsored by local churches and in other places paid for by the newspapers.
- 2011-2016: Mennonite Publishing Network merged with MennoMedia and syndicated the column.
- 2016: Another Way Media began distributing the Another Way newspaper column as of December 2, 2016.